At the invitation of the Iraqi jurisprudential council for senior scholars of preach and fatwa, His Eminence Sayyed Salih Al-Hakeem participated in the meeting which was held under the slogan ” dialogue, the gate of coexistence”. It is the third meeting of series of meetings between the Islamic, Christian, Yazidi and Manda’i religious leaders. After deliberating in a session of in-depth discussion of a range of issues that dealt with:
– Affirmation of the principle of the supremacy of law and the building a state of citizenship without distinction through a just and strong government and service away from political influences.
– Countering hate speeches and enacting a law criminalizing incitement on it.
– Protect peaceful demonstrators and meet their demands in Basra and the rest of the provinces while emphasizing on the need to protect public property that belongs to the people.
– Develop a practical program to find solutions to the problems that hinder the building of social peace.
– The need to establish social justice and provide services to all citizens.
– limit weapons to the hands of the Government in a way that ensures the protection of the lives of citizens and their property